First of all Happy New Year to the readers of my blog, to every who shared, commented or liked my blog, and to everyone who visited during 2013 a big “THANK YOU”. I got many encouraging messages and appreciate ,so much, those who take the time to write read and share. Also to those who donated to help me continue on this incredible journey to become a doctor with a message of hope and love a big THANK YOU. I really could not do this without you. Hope you´ll continue to follow my journey thru 2014 and beyond.
I am glad to report that I have reached my online fundraising goal for 2014. To all those who made this possible and for believing in me and my dream, and for your continued support, THANK YOU somuch. I will work hard both through medical school and after to make sure that you find this a worthy investment.
If you would still like to contribute, or would like to learn more about sol, go on over to their website and check out the awesome work the are doing on roatan. They have many worthy projects and really are a beacon of hope for many young people here in Honduras.
I think we all have to do it, even if we don’t want to. The resolution list of the new year. For a lot of us, it’s the same every year – lose weight, save money, etc.
But, of course, everyone can do better, work harder, and put forth a bigger effort. I know I can. So this year, as lame as my list of resolutions might seem, I sincerely want to change a few things about my life.
In no particular order…
- Become more sociable. I have always been a very shy quiet fellow, very self conscience and prefer to sit alone in a corner with a good book. Weirdly most people that know me seem to disagree !!! I was riding with a couple sisters from my church to a meeting one day and one of them looks at the other and says ” Natan is very quite isn’t he? doesn’t have much to say ha?” the other sister is like ” WHAT NATAN? This guy doesn´t shut up!!!!” So I guess it kind a depends on who you ask. But yea I want to work on that this year become more “a man of the people.”
- Be a better Student. While I am near the top of my class I am still below that crucial 90% GPA. This semester I will be starting in the faculty of medicine, as they say at the university “Now I´m a medical student.” Want to do much better in my classes than I did last year and much better at the faculty than I did at the university. I want to graduate top of my class.
- Be a better boyfriend. Hey she is dating a medical student, how much better can she expect? Anybody got any advice on how to be a good boyfriend while in medical school? Because girls seem to think I´m not doing very good.i´M BLAMING MEDICAL SCHOOL OK! AND I´M STICKING TO THAT STORY!
- Loose 70 pounds. No I’m not a dieter, and I am NOT a workout king, and yes I´m being very specific. I decided I will not be the 300 pound doctor telling people they need to loose weight. But I don’t think losing 6 pounds a month from now until the end of the year is all that radical. So I’m going to drink lots of water, practice portion control, do at least 2 hours, 4 days a week at the gym, so that I can conquer that task. Goal weight 160 by this time next year.
- Spend more time in the word. Studying medicine and having so much to read can be exhausting and find myself alot of times not reading my bible and spending quite as much time with God as I need to. Definitely want to do better this year.
- Live A Beautiful life
Each day I’ll do a golden deed
By helping those who are in need
My life on earth is but a span
And so I’ll do the best I can
Life’s evening sun is sinking low
A few more days and I must go
To meet the deeds that I have done
Where there will be no setting sun
The only life that will endure
Is one that’s kind and good and pure
And so for God I’ll take my stand
Each day I’ll lend a helping hand
While going down life’s weary road
I’ll try to lift some traveler’s load
I’ll try to turn the night to day
Make flowers bloom along the way
SKARBEK, SACHA / GARVEY, REA
What are your resolutions? Email me! We should all support each other in our goals for 2014.